Russell G. Smith formed a construction company in 1985 (originally operating as LongSmith) which acted as a general contractor to complete various tenant improvements on managed properties. The company completed a $2.5 million dollar conversion of a 40 apartment residential complex into a 68 all-suite commercial hotel, The San Joaquin, in 1986. Mr. Smith recruited Brad Kious as Construction Manager and partner in 1993.
Originally operated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Russell G. Smith, Inc., business expansion led to separate incorporation in 1996 as Construction Consulting of Fresno, a California corporation. Warren Lev joined the firm in 1995, and was named a corporate officer and member of the board in 1996.
In addition to The San Joaquin, the Construction Consulting team has completed numerous projects in and around Fresno, California including:
- River Bluff Office Complex – Class ‘A’ Three-Story Office Building including 120,000 SF of tenant improvements
- Wilson’s Motorcycles – 31,000 SF concrete tilt-up dealership, offices and service department
- Scott Aircraft Facility at Fresno Yosemite International Airport including a 41,000 SF Airplane Hangar, 6,000 SF Office and a Jet Fueling Station
- California State Board of Equalization – 13,000 SF Tenant Improvement in River Bluff Phase II
- Foundry Park – Rehab and Build-Out of 210,000 SF office/industrial space
- Precision Engineering – 12,0000 SF wood framed building and offices
“Tech Hub” for ATT, 60,000 SF Concrete Tilt-Up Structure
- A 66-Unit Aircraft Hangar Complex at Fresno Chandler Downtown Airport
- Small Business Administration – 39,000 SF masonry shell building and interior improvements
- 7650 LLC – 17,000 SF wood framed office building and offices in Palm Bluffs
- BK Lighting – 11,000 SF light industrial building
- Numerous smaller interior improvement projects in Fig Garden Shopping Center, San Luis Plaza Shopping Center, and Santa Barbara Plaza including La Boulangerie, Fig Garden Books, Color Café Ceramic Studios, California State Automobile Association (AAA), and Warner Company Jewelers